Visa Grant Delay 189

I don’t know anybody that’s why my question. However, I just sometimes read on the news Member of Parliament complaining about backlog or how the system is being handled, but my guess is this is all coming in response to people claims and their own views on the topic…I have seen people advocating for groups like students in situations like this covid 19 issue or even news on applications that have been refused on health grounds. These affected people have found who can advocate for them and help them to resolve their issues. So, I wondered how they do it and started searching and found this.

I feel like we don’t have a voice to complain about this delay issue. We have been asked to be patient and that’s what we have been doing, but processing time is stretching and grants are being given to newest applicants with no regard to oldest. I feel this is unfair as some of us are former students, contributors of Australia economy for years. We took countless test, courses, etc, to get invited and meet requirements for this visa. The longer the wait the bigger the chances these documents expire. Some of these documents cannot be easily renewed like the professional year course and this is not being taken into consideration when they pick new cases and leave oldest piling up. So, It feels like It’s fair to raise these concerns in a way that can have a real impact.

1 Like

I agree! The system really seems unfair. When I first lodged, people were getting grants in about 4-5 months and I hoped mine would too!! Now it’s been more than 18 months!! I can’t understand how some get it in 20 days!! It’s really unfair…but lucky them!

This shouldn’t be a matter of luck. A more transparent system instead, where cases are decided with a particular order. The reason for this is, as I mentioned earlier, documents star expiring, and for the ones who are onshore expenses on renewals increase even further the amount of money we have already spent on university fees, courses, tests such as naati, english test and so on…If a professional year course diploma expires It can cost up to 10K to do it again and 11 more months of waiting time. So, theses are reasonable reasons to have a system that processes cases considering date of lodgement. If there is a request for further information this should be resolved within a time frame to keep up with new applications and older cases.

Does Professional Year Expire after we applied for PR? I thought only it only matters when you get the invite. Other than that it does not matter for PY and English Test.

I’m not sure about it. Validity is for 3 years, but I couldn’t find information on how this time works when the application is already lodged. If someone has clear information on this, It would be greatly appreciated you share it with us.

DHA advised to some immigration agents that Delays have been experienced in offshore processing due to substantial global disruption and unavailability of key health/biometrics, English and police clearance assessment services abroad. This is also a factor for visa processing delays onshore.

Does someone know how Police Clearances issued overseas verification works?..Is this the reason why is up to them to request a new one after they are expired🤔? It may happen that a Government agency replies to their request for verification after It’s expired and then they decide not to request a new one.

Just trying to understand how the assessment process works and why some cases are processed faster than others.

Once you get invited, the document expiration doesn’t matter as points are calculated at the time of invitation. The only things that can expire are your medicals and PCC.

Thank you for clarifying.

Iscah site is down, can you share it on some fileshare platform?

It’s now working.

Lodged 14/1/19. I have been waiting for 1.5 years. Contacted by CO in June 19 and Oct 19. All required documents are submitted. No updates until now.

How long do I have to wait ?

We don’t know…I just learnt about an onshore applicant who got his grant last Friday after 1 year and 7 months

1 Like

Any offshore cases granted ?

I applied onshore on 11 June 2019, still waiting. No CO contact… Although I m not in Aus. now… Not sure my application is still treated as on shore or off-shore with regards to the current situation of border closure due to this pandemic.

Yes that’s the question I would like to ask as well. 1. If you submitted your application on shore but you are currently off shore. 2. Submitted off shore but currently on shore. Will they classify your application on shore or off shore ?

For the police check (own country one), do they send to Australia Immigration directly? Or send it to the applicant ?

Can anyone help me in regards to my query?

I am a 189 applicant onshore and my company’s name is not the same as the one on my payslip or on my employment contract. I dont know why this is such but as I work at the main company and wear their uniform, I put the main companys name on my application and form 80. Please note, I have not claimed any points for any occupation. Would this be an issue?

Hello , Thanks for the information… We applied for 189 on february 2019 onshore, have not received any Co contact yet. still waiting for grant almost 17 months now.