Visa Grant Delay 189

It is taking forever!! But good thing is the property price is dropping.

Nice to find company, yes it is taking forever. The positive thing is that the property prices are dropping. Hold on to your cash, grow it and hang-in there, we should soon see the light.

1 Like

True true, thanks mate.

1 Like

Hello ,

I have applied 189 visa on April 16 2019, under 261312, developer programmer. Still waiting. Co contact for AFP and wife’s medical- feb 18th 2020. Submitted back on Feb 29th. Application shows as initial check. Not sure what is happening.

Anyone in this situation ?

Any onshore or offshore grants??

Hi All,

1. What are the options to travel to Australia from India now, i.e. in June 2020?
  2. What will be a good month to apply jobs over there as financial year end is close?
  3. What is cost of hiring the smallest possible chartered flight that can go to Oz?

Aviation sources hint that on 5th June 2 flights left from Chennai(probably repatriation flights). No further flights are expected anytime sooner.

Thanks. Appreciate an early response.

Nigel.

Any grant is happening now a days ?

Hi Everyone, Have the 189 visa grants frozen again, It has been a year since I applied. All the other applicants I see in my Occupation code have been granted their PR. Not sure, where my application is stuck. Any news, or any hope?

Do points affect the visa grant waiting time?

What’s your current application status ? Initial assessment or further assessment ?

Actually i also stuck in this process since feb2019.

I am here onshore and my family is offshore. Just coz of offshore, i think they are not picking up.

“People who are waiting since 2018, can someone tell me, how many medicals they have done so far.”

Coz my one also expired last month and without co-contact, i cannot go for medical again i think so.

I have 2 co-contacts, the problem is they reopen file after 6-8 months, and on that time something got expired again.

Fuddu IT ENGINEER for there system lol who never notify them.

Same situation, husband is onshore and im stuck here offshore. Co contact in feb 2020. Waiting since Nov 2019

same situation, i am onshore and my wife is offshore. appiled in oct 2018 , co responded for wife medicals in jun 2019 after that nothing. not a single email. Both the medical and pcc are expired but still didint got any email to redo again. because of wife being offshore i dont think we are getting anygrant sooner. it will take more time now.

There’s not a lot anyone can do. We will just have to wait until next year.

Anyone apply for medicare? I went to centrelink, and they said due to COVID-19, you can apply medicare online. I lodged the application online, and it’s been like a month, no updates at all. I am not even sure they have received my email. Anyone has the same issue?

You can call on medicare on 132011, and ask that status of your medicare application. Sometimes, it may take a month for number to get generated, and due to covid, they are not issue cards as well, they are asking us to note down medicare number over call itself. I got mine in the same way. Hope this helps.

Hey mate, thanks heaps. Hope you have a great day.

Same. I am onshore while my partner is offshore. Still waiting since July 2019. Now police check and medical checks are gonna to expire soon. Let’s waitt till the border is open. So frustrated to be apart as a couple.

I don’t think being onshore has any additional advantage.

I am here with family and waiting for the grant since july 2019.

Well the processing times changed to 9-14 months…that’s promising even considering I’ve passed that several months ago.