Visa Grant Delay 189

Hi Guys ,

My skill assessment expires in Mar 2020. Should I have it reassessed before that ? Please suggest.

if you lodge your application then no need to renew

January 2019 applicants are falling under 2018-2019 or 2019-2020?

2018-19 program year

Out of 12652 places for 189 PTS stream in this program year ie, 2019-20, we already have 12,526 applicants until Apr 2019. This 12,526 might have some 189 NZ stream applicants as well. So , if we exclude them from 12,526, probably applicants who lodged their visa until May/ June 2019 under 189 PTS stream might get grants in this program year. Rest in next program year 2020-21.

Did you get this stats from FOI page?

I wondering when there is 16000 quotas for 189 in this financial year, and there were very few grants and even invitations after july 2019, why dont they start granting or even giving invitations and fill the quota??

DHA already have sufficient applications to deal with for this Program year 2019-20. So they issue few invites. They have been processing 189 NZ stream actively. So they are still on target to fill 16k places for 189 in this program year. Probably they will end up this program year by dealing with applications lodged until May/Jun 2019. I feel that DHA is trying to keep the minimum processing time as 12 months for 189 visa going forward.

2 Likes

Yes, I have lodged the application already. Thanks !

It depends on when the applicant receives grant …I guess…

1. Lodged in Jan 2019, then granted in Mar 2019. This case falls under 2018-2019;
  2. Lodged in Jan 2019, then granted in Aug 2019. This case falls under 2019-2020.

Above statement is based on the assumption that the migration planning levels (e.g. 16652 for skilled independent) limit the number of people who receive grants, rather than the number of people who receive invitations, in a financial year.

2018-19 Migration Program Report Check page 29.

Thanks. In next page, 190 had more backlogs than 189 until June. One of the reason why department is keen on processing 190 in recent months.

NZ 189 applicant, for example march applicants, have been receiving grants recently? If so, as their processing is 10 to 17, maybe our progress will start when 12 month after lodgement pass.

What applicants who submitted/lodged their visa applications in March April month in 2019? Will they fall in 2019-20 program ?

Yes, it depends on your view as the other user already explained.

Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while and I thought I would contribute with my experience.

Applied in Nov 2018. Received CO contact in late Feb 2019 for wife’s functional English evidence and PCC from Hong Kong. The PCC had to be sent by snail mail and as expected it was “lost”. CO contacted again in May 2019 asking for replacement and had since been provided. Radio silence from then on and despite numerous phone calls I only received a generic answer from DHA.

So to step up what I have done so far:

1. contacted local federal MP for assistance - the office made enquiries but did not have any success in resolving the delay;
  2. complained to Commonwealth Ombudsman - reply was that the Ombudsman only investigates when the processing time is twice the timeline for 90% of cases. I wrote back asking for a review of this decision. I pointed out that DHA can simply change the 90% processing time to anything, and going by the current rate it will be 40 months before Ombudsman would even look at it which is way way way too long. Reply from Ombudsman pending.
  3. I have requested a FOI from DHA on how they prioritise application processing. It probably won’t yield any result.

My only other idea is to write to the shadow minister for immigratrion. I would encourage people to look into writing to Commonwealth Ombudsman as well to bring this delay to light.

1 Like

Hi everyone

i ve been granted a visa just earlier this arvo. I submitted on 1 March. You can view my case thriugh the tracker. No co contact. I last logged on to my immiaccount on 6 Dec and it was still received.

I claimed for 75 pts. From China. Social worker. Single and no work experience claimed.

Except for 1221 i have uploaded everything. And i tried to avoid PTE contact by submitting the report order screenshot (sent by pearson telling you that they have sent your test result to dha) and i have also uploaded the new test report with the reference number in it. This may have helped avoid the unnecessary contact?

I am living and working in regional wa and i have updated my address since July but i dont think that have expedited the process.

I lost hope a couple of times when the processing time gone up significantly and i was thinking of leaving on bvb. My parents persuaded me to stay and wait till June next year.

I have only contacted DHA for bvb inquiry and that was back in May i think. Someone told me calling them could make it faster but i cant say for myself.

I feel very blessed by god. To all of you, no matter you have faith in religion or not, you are all loved by god and please hung in there. Your day will come and you are all blessed if you have a good heart and love yourself. Yes, when you are so stressed out about visa, dont forget at the end of the day, visa is just one thing that makes you happy. And at the end of the day, you want to be happy and healthy.

12 Likes

oh and i also uploaded all my visas to all the countries. And full bank statement to prove my residence in remote area during my study. I dont have any rental agreement left so i did not submit any. I have also submitted my phone bills. FYI

Please enter your case in immitracker Did you lodge on 1 march?

WHAT A WONDERFUL NEWS!!!

WISHING YOU THE BEST IN THIS NEW STAGE :slight_smile:

1 Like