Urgent: Job loss after apply from PR application under CEC with Canada on Close WP employer bound?

Hi,

Its a tricky and urgent situation. I will write step by step to explain whole situation its about a friend and am trying to help out here.

1. Person has EU passport came to Canada on LMIA work permit stayed here worked here for a year and Qualified to apply under EE CEC class route few weeks ago. While application is under process the company says they have to let him go now and he will lose his job.Note Person LMIA expires this year in September.

2. Person checked with two consultants and here is what they say and couple of forum post such as this one but its quite old and person is not sure about the new rules/regulations.

Consultant 1 : Inform CIC about the situation and you will get PR because when you press that submit button the application gets locked and you get point based on what you claimed points for and what evidence you submitted on that day when you submit, You won’t lose the points for Job offer because it only happens if you had applied under FSW class where you lose points if you lose job. In CEC this doesn’t happen you will still get point for the job that you lost ???(I don’t think this statement is true so kindly any expert elaborate or reply on this please)

Consultant 2 : Inform CIC about the situation. Any prey that the Case officer is not strict as it depends from Case officer to officer how strictly he /she deals with your case if they are lenient they will grant you PR. Its a very confusing situation.

Can anyone Expert Immigration Lawyer / Consultant Cross check this information please and help us out on this tricky situation to what would happen or would be the outcome under such situation. I will be very thankful for your help on this.

You can also PM me if you like.

1 Like

How did you situation get resolved? Did you get your PR?