No status update after RPRF

Hi, I am an FSW-O applicant from India. I got an RPRF request on 04/07/18 which I paid on same day after which I have not received any update. My BG status still shows that BG check has not yet started and additional documents are being reviewed. I called IRCC and was informed that my file is at Ottawa. I am worried as to why the BG check has not started yet and how come did i get RPRF request if file still in progress. This is really confusing. No clarity as to what is actually happening. My timeline is as belows.

Application step Current status Help Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided. Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

@Andy-MyImmiTracker Please advice