Employment references for Australia 189 Visa

To apply for 189 visa, as per the requirement, we need to produce employment reference letters. They have to be in employer letter head and should describe roles and responsibilities also. Here is my problem - I am sure this is the problem with lot of others who work in IT industry in India. The companies give experience letter or employment letter in the letterhead, but they just describe basic stuff like term of employment, designation and sometimes salary. No company will provide a detailed letter with roles and responsibilities in company letterhead, especially past companies.

When I did the ACS skill assessment earlier, I provided the company provided experience letter + statutory experience letters from superiors which were notarized.

Will the same work for visa application also? Please let me know

HI,

This is a difficult task but not impossible. You can contact your HR department and request them for this letter. To make it easier, send a draft of letter with the content which you require. Make sure you mention all key responsibilities which you undertook during your tenure and maybe they will issue the letter. Sending a draft avoids possibilities for any misconceptions and also mention why you need this specific letter.

You will need the following points to be covered in the letter

Letter Date, Employee Name, Employee number, Start and end date, Job description

Name of the authorised signatory, Designation of the authorised signatory,Signed by the concerned person and a company stamp, Contact details of the authorised signatory

I went through this and could get 3 of my employers to give this letter. Good luck!

Jaydeep,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Actually I was able to get the letters for all my 3 previous employers (amounting to 10+ years of experience).

Only pending now is for my current company (where I have been working only for 5 months now). I will try to get that now. If not possible, I will get a notarized statutory declaration.

1 Like